We are looking for a controls engineer to work out of our Zeeland office to assist the sales engineers with small projects. Many times customers need a vision system installed with a small robot and conveyor. Our controls engineer will order the needed automation, build the panel with the HMI screen, PLC, and other components needed.
We them deploy the small solution to the customer site, help with startup, and train the customers how to support their new automation.
You would be working in our automation lab which has all the latest equipment for testing, including several 6 axis robots, vision systems, fiber laser markers, conveyors, HMI's and PLC's.
Some of our current projects include programming our self driving MiR robot and designing new top modules that sit on the robot, such as some conveyor to load or unload boxes in the plant.
What you will bring to our team:
· BSEE or BSME preferred
· The ability to identify a problem that is looking for a solution.
· Be comfortable seeking out new Customers.
· Enjoy talking to people and establishing meaningful relationships.
· An eagerness to quickly learn our vast product line.
· Tenacity. As with many entry level positions, it may take 2 years to hit stride.
· Be comfortable and energized by a pay for performance philosophy.
· View interruptions as an opportunity that didn't exist moments ago.
· Have the ability to get into the details when you need to and stay out of them.
· Effectively and confidently communicate technical and non-technical information.
Industrial Control has been a distributor of high-tech automation components and systems for West Michigan manufacturers for 43 years. We help our Customers save money, reduce risk and increase throughput by offering best in class products in the areas of robotics, machine vision systems for 2D and 3D part inspection, laser marking, code reading, RFID, conveyors, safety equipment and sensors. If you would be a good fit for this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.